Saturday, September 3, 2011

3 Films

So I'm going to be taking tomorrow off from the challenge.  I'm hosting about 20 some people all day long at our annual Labor Day barbecue and just simply won't have the time.  I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Film #1

Last of the Mohicans.  My favorite movie of all time.  It's not for everyone, which I tend to forget when I rave about how good it is.  This past season I tried to get 2 of the other girls to watch it with me one night, and I think they lasted about 15 minutes.  It's a love story told in the midst of the French and Indian War.  It can be slow at times for people, but the back story's and history is necessary to the plot.  Daniel Day-Lewis is incredible in it.  It's not just the storyline that I love, but the history.  The whole movie takes place in the Lake George area, where I'm from.  Kids can attend Camp Chingachgook or you can drive down Uncas St.  The Adirondack Red Wings mascots name was Hawkeye (obviously it's very similar to the word 'hockey').  The Fort they go to has a complete working replica built on the exact spot that gives tours.  They hide out in a cave under a waterfall in the movie, and I've driven over the real cave more times than I can count.  I mentioned previously that I'm a sucker for romance, and you get one hell of a romantic storyline in this movie, but you also get a bit of the history of my home, and you can't really beat that.

Film #2

Beauty and the Beast.  It was my absolute favorite Disney movie growing up.  I wanted to be Belle.  In fact, I still sort of do.  This movie is THE reason I'm a sucker for romance.  You can't really fathom love like that when you're a child, but it's all I ever wanted.  I just wanted my own 'Beast' if you will.  I related to Belle.  I was really shy as a kid and meeting people wasn't my idea of fun.  I much preferred reading and getting lost in a fictional world than being around people.  I have the movie memorized, own the deluxe DVD that came out last summer, and forced Mike to take me to a production of Beauty and the Beast.  I was obsessed with Belle's yellow dress, and yellow was the only color I would consider for my prom dress.

Film #3

Empire Records.  I saw this movie early in junior high and for years I wanted to work in a Record Store.  It just seemed so cool.  I still rock out to the music from the soundtrack.  I've seen the movie so many times I could probably recite it right now without watching it, and I still laugh my butt off every time I do see it.  Love.

Monday will be 2 songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment