Monday, January 16, 2012

A New Weekly Feature!

As I was watching Mike's game in Bridgeport on the computer last night, a situation occurred that reminded me of something that broadcasters, journalists, and fans all say.  Something that drives me nuts every time I hear it.  It wasn't said on this particular day, but still, I've heard that quote so many times over the years that it doesn't need to be said for me to hear it in my head during a play like that.  I'm not going to say what that quote is just yet.  I'll save it for the feature opener.  It did however give me an idea.

I decided to write a blog post titled "Shit Fans Say".  There are so many "Shit *insert group* Say" jokes going on that it just popped into my head.  I began to write out all sorts of quotes and cliches I've heard over the years that make me laugh, or roll my eyes.  As I wrote the blog, the list got longer and longer.  I threw up a tweet mentioning I was writing a post about it and suddenly I started to get responses with things my followers have heard.  I tossed out the idea that people could suggest some lines for me to add.  The amount of responses I've received was overwhelming.....and hilarious.  And so "Shit Fans Say" as a weekly feature was born.

This isn't just going to be things that fans themselves say.  After all, most of the stuff fans say comes from somewhere else.....usually the media, bloggers, broadcasters, analysts, the players, etc.  Therefore, I'm not just going to focus on fan comments, but comments coming from all across the hockey world.  The people that cover and play the sport are fans too, you know?

I haven't quite decided how I want to go about doing this.  Should I just pick one thing and discuss it?  Should I throw up a couple each week?  I haven't figured it out just yet, but I will.

If you have something you think would fit feel free to leave a comment here or tweet it to me.  I'll make sure to give you the credit unless you'd prefer to stay anonymous.  If a specific person made a comment, I won't use their name.  I'm not looking to call anyone out or embarrass anyone.  Honestly it's best if you don't include who said it so I can't say anything to implement them, just in case.  Okay kids, let's hear 'em!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a feature. The worst and most annoying for me is when fans always say "SHOOOOOT". Like obviously they don't shoot everytime they get the puck. Very annoying, I don't think they realize how much skill goes into the sport sometimes and that it isn't as simple as to just "shooting".

    Looking forward to the feature!

    jennasnewlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea!

    I would probably take one or two in a post and discuss it while saving the other ones for next time because a lot of nasty things said at games are often repeated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Can't wait to see whats coming. I have to say when I am in the stands at a game, I am one of those fans who say shoot but, I think it is just a normal reaction. Because I certainly don't know what it's like to be down there on the ice playing a game.I just love hockey, yes love when the team wins, but I still lovem if they lose. I really love how you are keeping up with the blog. What a wonderful thing for your children to read in the future.

    ReplyDelete