Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wedding Stress

Yikes, it's been forever and a day since I've posted!  I can't lie.  I've been living, breathing wedding planning since I got back to St. Louis in April.  It's all I've done it feels like.  I honestly have dreams about the wedding every single night.  Sometimes more than one dream.  No, I'm not making that up.  And then when I finally wake up, even after a non-wedding dream, my brain goes straight to thinking about the wedding.

Are the centerpiece vases going to be on time?

Can the DJ find the kind of obscure songs we really really want to have played?

Will the bridesmaids dresses EVER show up? (More on that later)

How come a whole third of our guest list didn't RSVP?

What the hell am I going to get my flower girls and ring bearer?

Even worse, what the hell am I going to get Mike?!

I've been using multiple checklists to make sure that I get everything done, and finally got sick of going from one to the next to the next.  I wrote down all the things that are left that need to be done and when they need to be done by.  After the hours I've spent working on things today I've got 41 things left to check off.  And I'm going out of town for an entire week starting on Sunday.  The worst part?  None of it is procrastinated!  I still have no idea why I chose to plan this entire wedding completely on my own, especially when my Maid of Honor's step mom is a wedding planner.  Seriously.  Call me an idiot, it's fine.

Most of the planning has thankfully gone off with no issues.  That is until the time the bridesmaid dresses were supposed to come in.  And they didn't show.  The next day, not there.  The day after that, still not there.  Come to find out, the shop kind of "forgot" to tell me the shipping date had changed to two weeks later.  Okay, I can deal.  Until the shop then "forgot" to mention that the two dresses that have to get shipped to out of town bridesmaids are going to be an extra shipping charge for those girls.  I'm sorry, I remember asking about that and being told there wasn't a shipping charge.  I may or may not have called the girl on the phone a liar.  Now there are backups from the designer themselves and the dresses won't be into the store until two weeks after the newly updated date.  Then they still have to ship the dresses to my out of town girls.  And that's as long as the date the store was given by the designer is accurate and not delayed again.  I hope there are some ultra fast seamstresses around.

I'm just really over the whole having to worry and plan and think about the wedding stuff at this point.  I was having fun with it until about a month ago when things just seemed to start piling up.  I've spent hours upon hours the past few weeks and I feel like I've accomplished nothing.  Thankfully I can look at my checklist and see that many of my 41 things left to do are simple things like confirming with vendors, or going to my final dress fitting that is already scheduled.

I'm just glad I had a nice reprieve over the weekend for my birthday.  Saturday was my official birthday but I got kind of a whole weekend out of it, which was awesome.  On Friday Mike took me shopping and then out to dinner at Sidney Street Cafe in Benton Park for my first time.  Service was a little slow, but the food was absolutely incredible.  Then we met up with a few friends for drinks outside on the patio at Molly's in Soulard.  On Saturday we met up with another couple and visited a couple wineries, just spending the day sipping vino, sitting outside, and talking.  I spent most of Sunday in recovery mode taking a nap by the pool.

I'm not sure when I'll post again.  Like I said, I have a one track mind right now.  Most likely it'll be after my honeymoon in Aruba.  Until then, happy summer everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Even though planning a wedding is stressful, I think you might have been disappointed if you would have hired an organizer...You seem like the person to be in charge ( I am not saying this negativley either). Good luck on your wedding and I hope to see both you and Mike back in Bingo next season....

    ReplyDelete