Thursday, December 29, 2011

Quick Update and a Call for Ideas

Yeesh, I can't believe how much time has gone by since my last blog post.  I blame a combination of wedding planning mixed in during Christmas time.  So what have I been doing?  Being productive at least!

I can now check bridesmaid dresses, my mom's mother of the bride dress (or in her case pants), and invitations off the list of things that need to be done for the wedding.  I've got messages out to DJ's for the wedding as well, and Mike and I will be making that decision within the next week.  After that it's a bit of a break.  The next steps will be flowers, cake, tuxes, and wedding menu.  Those are all going to be accomplished during All-Star break when we can meet the vendors in person.  I can't believe how much closer the wedding has gotten since I first started the planning back in July.  Time is flying!

Aside from the wedding stuff, there was that whole Christmas thing this month.  I did the best I could with the little we travel with to decorate our place and make it look like Christmas.  And I actually managed to finish all the Christmas shopping with over a week to go until Christmas, which is ridiculously early for me, haha.  We spent Christmas with my family since they live only a few hours away from Binghamton.  It was fun and a nice break from having to think about hockey.

Mike, some of his teammates, the front office, and I have also been volunteering at the Humane Society here in Binghamton.  It's something we'll keep doing throughout the season.  I'm an animal lover, and any help we can give organizations dedicated to helping animals is important to both of us.  Especially in the aftermath of the flood here in September which displaced a lot of animals who had families that couldn't take them with them when they lost their homes, or couldn't afford to continue to care for them with all their money needing to go towards their own repairs.  The guys did a calendar with either their own pets or ones from the Humane Society and it came out great!  There are still some left, and you can order them through the B-Sens website for $20 with all proceeds going to the Humane Society.  I'm pretty sure you can also request to have your favorite B-Sen autograph it for you as well!

I'm definitely looking forward to the New Year.  There is so much to look forward to in it that I can honestly say that I haven't looked forward to a new year as much as I am this one.  I hope all of you had a great holiday and will have a great start to the New Year as well!

In hopes of not letting this much time pass between blog posts again, I just want to know if there is anything anyone out there wants me to write about?  With the holiday and wedding planning, my brain has just not been on this, so a little inspiration would be great.  Throw out some ideas and I'll take them into consideration/use them!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment